Dr. Shalini Kapoor Kad
June 13, 2011
A homoeopathic paediatrician, a counselling expert and a freelance writer are a few words to describe my profession. My sole aim is to put forth practical piece of information that guides every one right in the direction, blending the medicos to a layman with a simple gesture to make the medical things a little less convoluted and comprehendible.
The sight or even the smell of ripe yellow mango makes the mouth water of mango lovers. Why not? After all, mango is the ‘king of all fruits’ and there are very few people who can dislike this richly tasty fruit. A mango is eaten both raw and ripe and both have its own benefits. The raw green mango is used for making pickles, salads and the other spicy types of food varieties, ripe mango can be eaten in the form of juice, in milk shakes or as flavor in sweet dish and ice creams. And a true mango lover simply loves to suck the soft ripened mango. So making a person eat a mango is very easy, now let’s find out what health benefits it has to offer:
- Mango is rich in fibers and very high in calories. Although diabetic patients and overweight persons should refrain from eating too much of mango dishes or mango, it is very good for those who intend to gain weight. It is packed with lots of carbohydrates and calories and hence is good for growing children who are very active and need to eat high energy food.
- Mango also contain iron in good amount due to which pregnant women are often recommended to include mango in their diet, but is should be taken in restricted amount. It is also good for anemic persons.
- Mango is known to contain certain type of phenolic compound that is good in combating cancer. It also contains several antioxidant components due to which health immunity is boosted.
- Mango is also a good beauty aid. It removes the blockages of skin pores making the skin look vibrant and supple. Due to this the toxic wastes are eliminated with effectiveness.
- Mango also contains the beta-carotene or vitamin A, and vitamin E along with selenium which guard our body against heart complications and disorders.
- Problems such as irregular bowel movements, constipation, acidity and digestion can be treated with regular intake of mango juice or fruit directly.
- Vitamins present in different fruits have different advantages. The vitamin E in mango adds vigor to sex life as it enhances the hormonal working activity in the body system.
- Although it is not proven yet, but mango has been thought to possess anti-inflammatory characteristics that can be good for erasing the symptoms of asthma.
- Mango is also enriched with several other minerals like potassium, sodium, manganese and phosphorus and contributes towards the building health.
- Women’s problems like vaginitis and menstrual disorders can be treated with mango diet.
- Mango has been found to be very helpful in reducing dysentery and dehydration problems as it contains high amount of sugar.
- Liver disorders or pile problems are also known to get reduced with the intake of mangoes.
There are much more advantages of mango which can help you to keep the doctor away. So, the next time when you feel like eating a mango, think of its immense health benefits while enjoying its nectar sweet taste.